1. Are you realtors who just want to list my house?
No! We don’t want to list your house, we want to buy it! Real estate agents can’t guarantee the sale of your house, we can. We pay all cash and have ample amounts of capital to purchase your house quickly and hassle free.
2. What kind of houses do you buy?
We buy houses in any area, condition or any price range. We buy single family houses, townhouses, condos, and we even buy raw land.
3. Do you buy raw land?
Yes! We buy land and build houses. Very few investors buy land these days due to the economy, but The Home Buyers has ample capital to buy land and develop new houses. We buy small infill lots as well as large tracts of land.
4. What do you mean by “any condition”? What if my house needs extensive repairs?
We will buy your house as-is, period! You don’t need to do any more repairs! Whether your house needs minor cosmetics or is a tear down, we’ll buy it in any condition. See Photo Gallery for before and after pictures of some of our jobs.
5. What if my property has Health Department violations or is condemned?
No problem! We can still buy your house as is, even if it has demolition orders scheduled.
6. How do you determine the amount of your offer?
We offer the maximum amount possible, our offers are very competitive. If our offers weren’t competitive, we couldn’t be in business! There is no magic percentage we use, every house is unique. Our Real Estate Consultants take into consideration the age, condition, size, features, and location of the home much like an appraiser would. We factor in the costs to repair the house, what other homes in the area are selling for and how long it is taking to sell those homes. These and several other factors are researched to determine a fair offer.
7. Where do you buy property?
8. Do you only buy single family houses? Will you buy townhouses, condos, etc?
We buy townhouses, condominiums, duplexes, multi-tenant buildings, beach property, farms, and land.
9. Do you buy apartments, multi-units and land?
Yes. The Home Buyers will buy multi-units, apartments and land or lots.
10. Do you deal in higher priced properties?
Yes, we can work with any seller who needs to move a property quickly for any reason and in any price range. We have purchased million dollar houses before.
11. What if I am behind on my payments or in foreclosure, can you help?
Yes, if you call or contact us now, we may be able to help catch up your back payments and stop the foreclosure process. Each day you delay in taking action gives you fewer opportunities to correct the situation, so call now!
12. What do you charge for your services?
If we buy your house, The Home Buyers will charge you NO fees or commissions for its services. We are NOT a real estate brokerage, we don’t list houses, we buy houses!
13. If I submit your Online Form, when will I hear from you?
As soon as we receive your Online Form, we will review your information and get back to you ASAP!
14. Is it better to call or contact you via your Online Form?
That is really up to you. However, we do think it would be easier for you if you complete our Online Form first, then we can review your information, research your property, and then discuss all the details with you when we call. Since you are here, why not take a moment to fill out our Online Form now?
15. What type of experience does The Home Buyers have?
Our specialists have the experience and expertise to properly value your house and estimate repair costs. Unlike any other home buying service that buys houses, we are very familiar with the area.
16. What type of information do I need to give you when I contact you for the first time?
We need very basic information from you about your house. What your address is, The number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and the overall condition of the property is needed. We will also ask you how long you have owned your home and if there are any mortgages or liens against the property.
17. Am I obligated to use your service once I complete your form?
No! You have no obligation at all if you submit an information form, show your property to The Home Buyers, or receive an offer to buy your house. You are under no obligation at all. All we ask for is the opportunity to make an offer for your house, you’re in the driver’s seat as to whether you accept the offer or not. You are in complete control. You are only obligated to our service if you have entered into a purchase agreement with us, as with any other real estate transaction.
18. Who usually sells their houses to The Home Buyers?
Many different kinds of people!
- Anyone who bought a new home, but can’t sell the old one.
- Those who have experienced a death of a loved one or the need to settle an estate.
- People who have trouble selling because they do not have equity in their home.
- People who are tired of being a landlord.
- People working with a real estate agent who hasn’t come through as promised.
- Those who need to sell because of a divorce.
- Anyone facing a job transfer or relocation.
- People who don’t want to work with a real estate agent and pay commissions.
- People who are behind on payments or facing foreclosure.
- People who own vacant houses or houses that need repairs.
- Those with liens or title problems.
- People from all walks of life who share the need or desire to sell their homes, regardless of repairs needed, sell for cash,close quickly, and sell to a reliable company for The Home Buyers
19. Are you a Better Business Bureau member?
You bet. The Home Buyers has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
20. I see several companies stating “We Buy Houses.” Are these companies associated with The Home Buyers?
No! We only use one name, “The Home Buyers”, so you can easily recognize us. There are many organizations who claim to offer similar service, but in many cases their claims do not match their performance.
21. What kind of experiences have other clients had with The Home Buyers?
Read testimonials from customers who sold homes to The Home Buyers.
22. Do you pay for referrals if I lead you to another house that you buy?
Yes, we pay referral fees if you refer us to a house we ultimately buy. The Home Buyers works with many investors who refer us properties.
23. What happens with my mortgage once you buy my house?
On the day we buy your house, your mortgage is fully paid. By law, the professional title company that conducts the closing MUST payoff your mortgage and any other liens before they distribute the remainder of your money. Other house buying companies claim they buy your house for cash, but they only assume your loan and continue to make the payments. Not The Home Buyers, we only buy houses CASH, period!
24. What happens if my house is in pre-foreclosure?
We work FAST to help ensure that your house doesn’t go to foreclosure. We present you with a FAIR offer to pay off your mortgage before the foreclosure. We help save your credit, avoid foreclosure, and allow you to sell your house FAST and FAIR. Due to recent legislation, if you reside in the state of Maryland and are within a certain period of time before your foreclosure sale date, we will introduce you to a Foreclosure Consultant. The legislation mandates that if you are within this certain window that a foreclosure consultant must explain to you all of your options involved in selling your home.
25. What happens if I am in bankruptcy?
We work with your bankruptcy attorney to present a FAIR offer and give you additional money at closing. We present the offer directly to your attorney and work to have the offer accepted by the bankruptcy court. Once the offer is accepted, we ensure that the bankruptcy is released and we buy the property as soon as possible.
26. What is a closing or settlement date?
A closing date is the day that both you as the seller, and The Home Buyers as the buyer, go to the title company to sign the closing documents and settle the obligations of a purchase agreement. This is when we buy your house and you get your money. The closing takes place at a professional title company.
27. What is a deed of trust?
A deed of trust is a document that is recorded in the county land records with your deed that references your mortgage. It acts as a placeholder in the land records to define the existence of the mortgage you have against your house.
28. What is a title?
A title is a listing of the history of owners, debts, and other information related to your house. Title is produced by researching the documents recorded in the land records of your county.
29. What takes place during a transfer?
During a transfer, a new deed is drafted and signed by the seller, transferring ownership of the house to the new buyer. This document is then recorded in the land records with the above mentioned deed of trust.